Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2007

The PDF is here. (I've got a hard copy, neener neener neener.) Paul Krugman and Ezra Klein have already posted about it. Krugman thinks median household income in 2007 is less than it was in 2000; I've already pointed out that the difference between the Census Bureau's estimates for those two years isn't statistically significant. (Since posts at the NY Times have to be reviewed before they appear, my comment there isn't visible yet.)

Unfortunately, I've got to get back to work, and I won't have time this afternoon to play with the numbers in the IPHI report, as we cognoscenti (i.e. geeks) call it. But if you've got time on your hands, and are even half as geeky as I am, click the link and dive right in.

No comments: