Sunday, August 17, 2008

More Flatulence from George Will

Will:
[McCain might win] if McCain can make it turn on the question of who is ornery enough to give Putin a convincing, deterring telephone call at 3 a.m.
I'm trying to imagine how this call would have worked, if McCain were already President. I'm sure he would have given Putin what for - maybe like this:
"Vladimir? Buddy, if I had any troops to spare, you'd be in BIG TROUBLE. Yeah, I'd hit you with everything I've got. I won't always have the whole U.S. military tied down in an irrelevant war, you know. And next time, I'll even be able to see it coming when you pull a stunt like this, because my spy satellites will be watching you, instead of keeping track of Iraqi insurgents. So you better watch out, Buster, because next time, I'll get you, but good!!"
Putin would be shaking in his boots, I'm sure.

No comments: